Tuesday, March 15, 2011

fear of what ? fear of self ? you're kidding!

Why am I hesitant about trying new things ? (new job, new lifestyle, new biz  ....)
Because if they don't work out I will look stupid. 
Yes. 
Because if they don't work out I will be criticized. 
Yes.
Because if they don't work out I will criticize MYSELF !
I will beat MYSELF up. 
Laos2000

I will call myself idiotic and give myself such a hard time that anything anyone else says is nothing compared to what I do to myself. 
I've just now given myself such  a hard time about some decisions I've made and am making that I gave myself a pain in the heart. 
Sounds strange ? Yea,  I thought so too, but I really found out first hand the mind, feeling, body link.
I am sure that one led to the other.

So when I really look at it, much of what, ... ok... MOST of what is holding me back is the fear of my own self loathing and self criticsms..... 

Hm.... interesting... they say you can't change anyone else, you can't change things out there, you can only change yourself.... 
Hm..... now how is that going to work in this situation.... 
Hm.....


“The most beautiful people I have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”
– Elisabeth Kübler-Ross


No comments:

Post a Comment