Sunday, March 13, 2011

money - a sparrow's view

3 minutes after writing this blog, outside the Cafe, I saw this!
I like feeding birds.
So I threw  the extra rice I couldn't eat on the ground for the birds.
(I live in Saigon, it's still ok to feed the birds here, I guess mainly old people and crazy foreigners do it, but it's ok) 
The sparrows came quickly.
But they did not stay and eat all of it.
They flitted around and away.
I guess they trusted that there would  always be more...

If I was a sparrow with a human brain, I'd eat as much as I could, I'd make a stash in case I never find more.
I'd start a sparrow bank savings account and invest so that it grew while I did nothing.
And that would be the left brain mind way. Thinking logically. Planning for the worst, thereby encouraging it and conjuring it closer. 

Compare it to the way of the sparrow, everything is fuzzy, and nothing is straight for long, everything changes and moves and alters. Never sits still, no time to invest or open an account.
Life is too much fun to do that.... 

Wouldn't that be nice...........? ! ? ! ?
Would it ? ! ?
Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands
And make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

Money get back
I'm all right Jack
Keep your hands off my stack

Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that
Do goody good bullshit

I'm in the hi-fidelity
First class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet

(Sax and guitar solos)

Money, it's a crime
Share it fairly
But don't take a slice of my pie

Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil
Today

But if you ask for a rise
It's no surprise that they're
Giving none away

Pink Floyd "Money" 

Yes, I know, there are pigeons not sparrows in the pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought that Pink Floyd song was ironic. But I heard the writer interviewed and it is absolutely straight. And didn't they make a big stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did they keep the stash or did it evaporate??? I wonder...
    Keep your hands of my stash...

    ReplyDelete