Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Grateful ? Content ? Ambition ?



They say that you don't know what you've got till you lost it.


Usually I WANT things, because then I will be HAPPY and content.
"If I only had this much money, or could travel to Egypt, Europe, wherever like XXX can"
"If only I had promotion level YYY".
"Once I get....... "

Let meplay a game with myself, in my mind.
Imagine I've been injured, and crippled, I have lost an arm, or a leg, or an eye, - or perhaps I was born that way.
I would wish to just be 'normal' that would be my constant life long wish.
I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly happy if I had a normal body.

Well Haiko, guess what ? you DO have a normal body.
Are you grateful ?
Are you content ?

Or Imagine I was shit poor, working like a dog in the heat all day just to live and eat.
It would be soooooooooooooo nice to have enough money and be able to sit in an office and work in cool comfort.
I'd be happy and content then.


Well Haiko, guess what ? you DO have a job that pays you to research whatever you are interested in and you get to sit in an office and have money to spend.
Are you grateful ?
Are you content ?



Or imagine that you were really old and had to do everything slowly and carefully. You will remember having a young working body.
You will wish you still had it.

Well Haiko, guess what ? you DO have a young (well sort of) body, you are still able to do whatever you like and walk around and get stuff done.... .
Are you grateful ?
Are you content ?


Getting old happens naturally. It does not  take any trauma or accident - we all get old (unless we die early).

hmm...........
Humm..............
.....................
...............
...
.




No comments:

Post a Comment